Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Parent Volunteers Needed for JA Biztown Trip!

6th Grade parents, we are in need of about 10 more volunteers for EACH day of our field trip to JA Biztown. This trip is very interactive and a great experience not just for the kids, but for the adults too. I am amazed each year watching the kids work and live like adults for several hours during the day. They really impress me. I would love to include as many parents as possible. Some of you have already jumped at the chance, but like I said, I still need about 20 more total volunteers. Please email me at ben.barry@carlisle.k12.ia.us if you can help us out on our trip. Here are the basic requirements:

*1 training session for 90 minutes around the lunch hour or end of the workday on a day TBD in March.

*Attendance with us on the field trip from 8:30-2:30 on either March 29th or March 30th. You would go the same day as your child.

*Be ready to work a little and have a lot of fun!! :)


It truly is a great experience, one that some parents have even volunteered during years where they don't have a child going on the trip. Out of my current 9 volunteers, 3 of them have been on the trip before, so it must be a good time. Email me if interested. I am trying to get all volunteers in place by March 1st this year so that I can start sending them information about our trip. Thank you!

No comments: