Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year! Are Your Thank You Notes Done Yet?

Happy New Year to all! As I spent my Sunday, writing my own thank you notes and helping my 3 kids write their thank you notes, I thought of my middle school Life Skills' students who have all spent some time learning how to write a good, short, and sincere thank you note and why these notes are so important to do. We talked about how they can make us feel better (many studies prove that showing gratitude actually helps our own self in many ways, see my link below), they can help our relationships grow, they could help us land a job, and they help the people in our lives have better lives....which comes back to help us too! So, if you have been enjoying lots of great presents, ate some great food, or had some really good conversations with people you love, drop them a quick email, phone call, or even a "hand-written" thank you note to show your gratitude for what they have done. And again, Happy New Year!


No comments: