Sunday, December 5, 2010

SMART Discipline Update




Parents: It has been almost a month since the great program and speaker for SMART Discipline came to our school for a few hours on a Monday night. That night, I purchased several books as I thought my family could use some of the information, but also for my students, parents, and my own counseling practice. As I read through these books, I will use my newly learned information in counseling sessions and in discussions with parents. But I want to offer parents these books as well. So, if you have interest in any of the following books, I am willing to "check them out" to you for a week. If you like what you read, you can go online and purchase the book to keep for yourself. I am positive everyone who reads these books will learn some good information that they can use in their families. And I am sure some of you will want to purchase your own copy to keep and return to from time to time as well. If I can be of any help to you as you read these books or if you have questions, please call or email me. In the meantime, here is the list of books that I purchased and are available for check out. By the way, even if you did not attend the seminar, you can still check out these books. (If you click on the book title, you will be taken to the site where you can purchase it, but also read about what the book is all about)

Book Titles:


How to Blend Your Blended Family (no place to order online, but I could get it for you)

Sticks and Stones May Break My Bones But Your Words Can Also Hurt M! (The Power of Parents' Words) (no place to order online, but I could get it for you)





No comments: