Friday, August 20, 2010

Apps for Educating Your Child!

Maybe the first question is: What is an "app"? Well, I didn't know until about 6 months ago when I got my first device that runs apps: an Ipod Touch. My phone is so old and basic, it can barely text, so this Ipod Touch was quite a learning experience. Anyway, it can run applications which are programs that you download and then can use to play games, help manage your life, or learn from. What I am directing you towards today, is a list of "apps" you could download to your phone, Ipod Touch, or even IPad (if you have one of those cool things!) in order to give your child a fun and interesting way to learn school material. A great site that I found over the summer is called "Moms With Apps" and the reason I like it is because this is a group of parents (moms) who test and later recommend apps that would be great for kids and for education. They also have a great deal on Fridays where you can get some of these apps for FREE! Well, today (Friday), they not only have a free app, but I also noticed that they had a list of "back to school" learning apps that they have tested and researched over the last year or so and highly recommend for you if you have children. Now, I have a 3 and 5-year old, but they love some of these apps and are very good and careful when using my ITouch. They use it better than me sometimes. I have often downloaded some of this site's apps and some of the reading and letter apps helped my 3-year old better than I did....sadly! Anyway, give this blog entry a read by clicking the link and maybe even bookmark the site so you can check in on Fridays for the FREE App of the Week! Have fun!

No comments: