Monday, October 10, 2011

Personality Tests!

Our 6th graders will be doing some online personality tests and learn more about their own strengths and weaknesses. My one big disclaimer is that these tests are not perfectly accurate and when it comes to a matching career, that career may not be the best fit for them....and that is okay! These tests are only versions of a much more reliable psychological test and are therefore not as accurate. Either way, we can get some good data and good information about ourselves by taking these tests. For instance, when I took one of the tests it said I would make a great teacher and/or counselor! Well, I may not be great, but I do feel like I am in the job that matches my personality and that is good! Anyway, here are the links for the tests the students are taking.

This test will give you a 4 letter code and students can have one of many different codes. Students can learn more about their code by clicking on some of the links. This is where I learned that I should be a teacher or counselor (but I already knew this). They can also see what famous people might share the same code. The questions are tough and maybe a bit above 6th graders vocabulary level, but they should get an accurate answer if they answer at least 50 questions.

The RIASEC Test is probably one of the most common personality to career match tests out there. Again, this is just a short sample version and results should be taken with a grain of salt, but students really do tend to find the results guide them towards careers they were already thinking about. I tell students to do the "15 question" version, but they could do the 30 question version to get even more accurate results.




No comments: