Monday, September 19, 2011

Iowa Youth Survey Results are In!




Over the next few weeks and months, I will be publishing some information that we gained from the latest Iowa Youth Survey that our students took in 2010. Every two years, every 6th, 8th, and 11th grader takes a survey that asks about every question you can imagine. From the very basic like how many fruits and veggies each kid eats a day and how much sleep they get to what their drug usage experience is and what their thoughts on drugs are. This survey is anonymous and studies show our results are extremely accurate both at Carlisle and statewide. So, when we get the results back, we take them seriously. I just finished going through the nearly 200 page report and put about 80 sticky notes on stats that I thought were important. Next, I will be comparing these stats to the last 3 surveys over the last decade and see if I see any trends. All of this data gets put into a presentation that I will share with our staff, our school board, our SIAC team and even post online on this very blog! I would love to get your feedback by having you leave comments whenever you can so we can get a discussion going about the results. For now, about all I can tell you is that Carlisle looked very good compared to the state averages, but we do have some concern areas and areas to improve. So please, follow this blog or click on the links when I send them to you as I think you will realize that there are issues you need to discuss with your child so you are all prepared for what life will be, or already is, throwing at them.

No comments: